Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Week 2

My name is Steve Bodell. I have a wife and four children and work at Willowcreek Middle School. There, I work in the CTE Technology and Engineering Department full time. This is my second year of teaching and I really like it a lot. I have been going to colleges/universities for almost ten years and am excited to be on the end stretch. After several career changes, I believe I have found the one. I am able to use a lot of technology in my classes and was able to get a set of iPads for my students to use. I have the ability to enhance the learning environment and utilize e-learning much easier than before.

I want to get to the point where my classes are doing a lot more online learning. I will have a lot of online resources for the students to use and hope to eventually like to have a completely paperless classroom. Although this can be somewhat hard, especially for design, as students are able to draw out their design ideas easier on paper than on the computer.

My grade book that I use at my school doesn't have a lot of features on it. I am excited about this class project so we can learn more about Learning Management Systems. Depending on how this project goes, I might want to invest in having my own LMS for my classroom (aside from my school grade book).

No comments:

Post a Comment